recipe found via pinterest here.
What better way to break the silence on this blog than with a yummy treat! I have been horrible at blogging but spending all that time with my little ones, so it’s a good trade I do believe!
Now this recipe calls for chocolate syrup drizzled on top, but my one and only is not the biggest fan of chocolate, so I just drizzle it on my pieces.
– 1-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs (About 9 full/long crackers — just throw them in a gallon bag, zip, and crush with a rolling pin.)
– 5 tbsp butter, melted
– 2 8oz blocks of cream cheese, room temperature
– 2 cups heavy cream + 1 tbsp
– 2/3 cups sugar
– 2 tsp vanilla extract
– 1 carton strawberries, sliced into thirds or halves
– 1/2 cup chocolate chips (optional)
(1) Preheat oven to 375.
(2) In a small bowl, mix together graham cracker crumbs and melted butter until a crumbly, moist mixture forms.
(3) Gently but firmly press the graham cracker mixture into the bottom/sides of a pie dish.
(4) Bake for 10 minutes. Set aside to cool completely.
** This is the only baking that you need to do for this recipe.
(5) In a medium bowl, use an electric mixture to beat your cream until it holds firm peaks. Set aside.
(6) In a separate, larger bowl, mix cream cheese, vanilla, and sugar until smooth and creamy.
(7) Fold about 1/3 of the whipped cream into your cream cheese mixture to lighten it, then add the rest. Gently fold until evenly incorporated and smooth.
(8) Spoon filling into your cooled pie crust, and spread it out in an even layer.
(9) Layer sliced strawberries in an overlapping rows around the top of the cream.
(10) Melt chocolate + 1 tbsp cream, and stir until smooth and liquid. Drizzle melted chocolate over the top of the strawberries.
(11) Stick the pie in the fridge for a few hours to allow the creamy filling to firm up.
(12) Slice and serve immediately. Enjoy!
** Strawberries go fast, so this won’t keep very long. Try to eat everything within 3-5 days.